Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) Week, May 16-23, 2021, is a time to show appreciation for those who manage and maintain health technology used throughout healthcare. These well-trained professionals manage the safety, care, and accuracy of technological equipment and are an invaluable resource to the healthcare industry.
We’d like to shine a spotlight on our Director of Technology, Eric Wong.
Eric has been a valued member of the Compass Group family since graduating from Penn State University in 1991 with a B.S. in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management. He dedicated the first nine years of his career to Senior Living operations. Eric obtained an MBA with dual concentrations in IT and Supply Chain Management from Duquesne University, bridging his love for seniors with his newfound interest in technology. Over the past 21 years, Eric has held several finance and technology roles including working as a POS installer, Director of Retail Systems Support, and IT Vendor Manager Team Lead.
Most recently with Morrison Living, Eric has implemented several innovative technological solutions including:
- Developing a mobile app to assist operators with regulations and compliance
- Enhancing web-based diet office solutions to help maintain resident dietary needs, allergies, and food preferences
- Establishing new processes to store digital assets for Quarterly Business Reviews
- Standardizing a point of sales solution based on a community’s needs
- Improving dining reservation and table management solutions
Outside of work, Eric enjoys spending family time with his wife, Kimberly, and two sons – Ian and Ethan. He’s also the proud furry dad to three dogs and two cats. You can catch him coaching youth baseball, fishing, completing DIY projects, and dog training on the weekends!
Download this toolkit to help celebrate HTM Week!