Part of ensuring that we’re exponentially growing, is to address new and heightened challenges- and at Compass Group USA, we do just that. The recently released 2019 CSR Report showcases all of the expansive and monumental achievements we’ve made in the past year. A few key stories, which are featured in the report, include:
- The new global platform we’ve crafted with steps to encourage what is truly best, for both people and planet.
- Wellbeing and wellness remaining at the core of who we are and what we do.
- Game-changing initiatives that support the livelihood of our planet.
- Expanding our food waste initiatives and movement globally, to communities all around the world.
- A strengthened partnership with innovators and disruptors, to further confirm our spot as the leading foodservice company in sustainability.
- The creation of a culture that embraces corporate transparency as a crucial aspect of our success. A couple of highlights include doubling the purchases within our partnership with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) to 8.7 million pounds, removing 55 million straws company-wide, and reducing our emissions by nearly 8000 Metric Tons!
“All of these accomplishments reflect our beliefs and our commitment to a more sustainable future. We are proud to share these stories and we look forward to building on what we’ve done so that together we can improve both people and planet.” -Susie Weintraub, Envision Group CEO
Now that 2020 is here, we are moving towards the horizon of a new collaborative future, where shifting attitudes and behavior have cemented sustainability as a cultural value.