Food is medicine, so we’re prescribing 12 super easy recipes to boost your immune system. These immune-friendly recipes are packed with vitamins and minerals to help keep your body in tip top shape.
If you’re looking for ways to prevent colds, the flu and other infections, start infusing ingredients like citrus, ginger, Greek yogurt, and turmeric into your diet. The food we eat has a tremendous impact on our health and these ingredients are packed with nutritional benefits. Plan your meals to include these 12 powerful immune system boosters.
Benefits of Greek Yogurt:
- Packed with Protein
- The probiotics in it help maintain the health of the digestive system
- Full of vitamin B12, necessary for energy and health brain function
- Low in sodium, high in potassium
Made by separating out liquid whey, Greek yogurt has fewer carbs and sugar than regular yogurt.
Benefits of Citrus:
- Vitamin C, found in citrus, is amazing to help boost the immune system
- Helps repair body cells and tissues
- Prevents kidney stones
- Serves as a natural antioxidant
Surprisingly, citrus fruits are considered to be a type of berry because of their tough, leathery rind.
Benefits of Turmeric:
- Lowers cortisol levels, increasing immunity
- An anti-inflammatory agent
- Exhibit antifungal properties that fight against respiratory tract viruses
- Boosts body’s natural antioxidant capacity
Fresh turmeric is delicious, just note the yellow flesh can stain surfaces (so use your old cutting board)!
Benefits of Ginger:
- Helps reduce cholesterol levels
- Loaded with vitamin B6 and magnesium
- Its anti-bacterial properties help fight infections
- Improves digestion, metabolism, and the health of skin
Ginger is cultivated in Hawaii, India, China, the West Indies, and other tropical areas.